EWS/DG Category Admission in
Private Unaided Recognized Schools* in Delhi
Government is committed to :
- Ensure 25% EWS/DG category admission
- Eliminate corruption and malpractices in EWS selection procedure.
- Give everybody fair chance of selection.
- Eliminate EWS parents multiple visits to multiple schools.
- Stop harassment of parents.
- Ensure complete transparency in admissions.
In Academic year 2016-17, admissions to EWS/DG Category have been made ONLINE:
Who is EWS or DG category?
EWS – A child whose parents’ family income is less than one lakh rupees from all sources annually.
DG- A child belonging to Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Classes (Non creamy), Orphan, Children with Special Needs (Disabled) and Transgender.
Where can EWS/DG child get admissions?
In unaided private schools in Nursery/Pre-School, KG / Pre-primary and Class-I.
How many seats?
25% of total admissions
How to apply?
1. Visit Directorate of Education Website. (www.edudel.nic.in)
2. Click button EWS/DG Admissions 2016-17. Read the instructions carefully.
3. Fill the Registration Form.
4. On Registration, Get SMS on registered mobile number containing login ID and Password.
5. Fill up admission form ONLINE using login ID and password.
6. Mark your priority of schools, judiciously while selecting schools starting from 0-1, 1- 3, 3-6 and beyond 6 kms, as chances of selection in schools nearer to residence is more.
7. Fill the form carefully. Before submitting, preview it, edit it, if necessary and finally submit.
8. Take Print Out, for reference. (Must submit only ONE Form).
1. On designated day, computerized Draw of Lots would be made.
2. Every child will get a school based on its distance from his residence and its priority assigned while filling the form.
3. Parents can go to the selected school and complete the formalities for admission.
Documentary Proofs required at the time of admission.
1. Age of the child on 31.3.2016, should be
For Nursery /Pre-school – 3-4 years.
For KG /Pre-Primary – 4-5 years
For Class I – 5-6 years.
(Relaxation of one year in Upper Age limit for Children with Special Needs/Disabled Children Category).
Documents as proof of Date of Birth: (i). Birth Certificate. (ii). Hospital/Auxiliary Nurse and Midwife (ANM) Register Record. (iii). Aganwadi Record. (IV). Declaration by the parent/guardian.
2. For EWS, any of the following documents are required : Valid Income Certificate issued by the officer not below the rank of Tehsildar of Revenue Department, GNCT of Delhi, OR
Valid Below Poverty Line (BPL) Ration Card/Antodaya Anna Yojna (AAY) Ration Card/Smart Card issued by Food and Supply Department, GNCT of Delhi.
3. For DG – Relevant documents/certificate issued from the Competent Authority.
1. For academic year 2016-17, only those unaided private schools (Non-minority) are included in online lottery system which are recognised under DSEAR, 1973. The list of which can be seen through the link EWS/DG admissions 2016-17 on the Directorate website.
2. For RTE recognised private schools and for schools regulated by MCDs/NDMC/DCB admissions should be done as were being done in previous years i.e. Manual System.