Guidelines For EWS And DG Category
EWS/DG Category Admission in
Private Unaided Recognized Schools* in Delhi
Guidelines for admission of EWS/DG Category children at Entry Level Classes (Pre-School/Nursery, Pri-Primary/KG and Class-I) in Private Unaided Recognized Schools (except minority schools) of Delhi for the academic session 2018-19.
Admissions of EWS (annual income less than one lakh rupees)/DG Category (SC/ST/OBC Non-creamy layer/Physically Challenged/ Orphan and Transgender and all children living with or affected by HIV) shall be made through Computerized Lottery System in the said schools against 25% seats reserved for Them under the provisions of Right to Education Act, 2009.
The schedule for the said online admission process is as follows
|Uploading details of schools / residential areas falling in neighborhood of each participating school.||Upto 15/01/2018 (Monday)|
|Taking suggestions from schools regarding residential areas in the neighborhood of the participant schools by a team set-up at the zonal level! for further streamlining of details.||15/01/2018 (Monday) To 18/01/2018 (Thursday)|
|Opening of online module for filling online application||22/01/2018 (Monday)|
|Last date of submission of online application by the EWS/DG category applicants||21/02/2018 (Wednesday)|
|The date of first computerized draw of lots.||07/03/2018 (Wednesday)|
Government is committed to :
- Ensure 25% EWS/DG category admission
- Eliminate corruption and malpractices in EWS selection procedure.
- Give everybody fair chance of selection.
- Eliminate EWS parents multiple visits to multiple schools.
- Stop harassment of parents.
- Ensure complete transparency in admissions.
In Academic year 2018-19, admissions to EWS/DG Category have been made ONLINE:
Who is EWS or DG category?
EWS – A child whose parents’ family income is less than one lakh rupees from all sources annually.
DG- A child belonging to Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Classes (Non creamy), Orphan, Children with Special Needs (Disabled) and Transgender.
Where can EWS/DG child get admissions?
In unaided private schools in Nursery/Pre-School, KG / Pre-primary and Class-I.
How many seats?
25% of total admissions
How to apply?
1. Visit Directorate of Education Website. (www.edudel.nic.in)
2. Click button EWS/DG Admissions 2016-17. Read the instructions carefully.
3. Fill the Registration Form.
4. On Registration, Get SMS on registered mobile number containing login ID and Password.
5. Fill up admission form ONLINE using login ID and password.
6. Mark your priority of schools, judiciously while selecting schools starting from 0-1, 1- 3, 3-6 and beyond 6 kms, as chances of selection in schools nearer to residence is more.
7. Fill the form carefully. Before submitting, preview it, edit it, if necessary and finally submit.
8. Take Print Out, for reference. (Must submit only ONE Form). Thereafter,
1. On designated day, computerized Draw of Lots would be made.
2. Every child will get a school based on its distance from his residence and its priority assigned while filling the form.
3. Parents can go to the selected school and complete the formalities for admission.
Regarding Age Limit.
Vide order dated 18.12.2015, this Directorate fixed the upper age limit for admission in entry level classes, which is as under:-
|For Pre-School||Less than 04 years as on 31St March of the year in which the
admission is sought
|For Pre-Primary||Less than 05 years as on 31St March of the year in which the
admission is sought.
|For Class-I||Less than 06 years as on 31st March of the year in which the
admission is sought.
Documentary Proofs required at the time of admission.
(Relaxation of one year in Upper Age limit for Children with Special Needs/Disabled Children Category).
Documents as proof of Date of Birth: (i). Birth Certificate. (ii). Hospital/Auxiliary Nurse and Midwife (ANM) Register Record. (iii). Anganwadi Record. (IV). Declaration by the parent/guardian.
For EWS, any of the following documents are required : Valid Income Certificate issued by the officer not below the rank of Tehsildar of Revenue Department, GNCT of Delhi, OR
Valid Below Poverty Line (BPL) Ration Card/Antodaya Anna Yojna (AAY) Ration Card/Smart Card issued by Food and Supply Department, GNCT of Delhi.
For DG – Relevant documents/certificate issued from the Competent Authority.
For RTE recognised private schools and for schools regulated by MCDs/NDMC/DCB admissions should be done as were being done in previous years i.e. Manual System.