Springdales Dhaula Kuan Admission Information for Nursery Class 2018-19
Admission Information for Nursery Class 2018-2019
Policy, Categories, Criteria and Procedures
The admission policy will reflect the general ethos and philosophy of the Springdales Schools run by the Springdales Education Society (Estd. 1956). The schools are inter-generational, and promote inclusivity, integration and heterogeneity in their student community. They impart a wholesome education, which develops in Springdalians good citizenship, social responsibility and multi-
faceted talent. The school motto “Vasudaiva Kutumbhakum – the world is a family” permeates the entire curriculum and elucidates its commitment to an integrated secular India and a peaceful and a socially just world.
The Management, staff, alumni and parents share a collective vision and mutual purpose in education so that the students may fruitfully contribute to the wider society and address the realities and concerns of our country and of the world.
Springdales has a clear DIVERSITY POLICY in place, which is reflective of the Constitutional goals of our nation. We believe in the intrinsic right of every child to receive good quality education. So along with others we educate-
- a) Children of Economically Weaker Sections of Society (Government to admit)
- b) Children with Special Needs 3% as per High Court Order
We have therefore kept the following categories, which are in consonance with the school policy and guidelines of the RTE Act.
For Admission to the 136 seats in the entry class for Dhaula Kuan 2018-19
|1. EWS Category||34||25%|
|For the remaining 75% the categories will be :|
|2. General Category||64||47%|
|3. Staff Children’s Category||7||5%|
|4. Children with Special Needs Category||4||3%|
|5. Management Quota||27||20%|
- EWS / DG CATEGORY:
The admission under this EWS / DG Category for 25% of the total seats will be done by Directorate of Education.
- GENERAL CATEGORY:
For this category there will be 64 seats available which will be 47% of the total seats for this class.
The Criteria for selection of these children will be in accordance with the guidelines given. i.e. there will be no interviewing or screening of children or their parents. The whole process will be fair and rational, non-discriminatory, transparent and child-friendly. Admission will be based on the information given and will have to be backed by authentic proofs with documents attached to the form when submitted. Information regarding parents’ professions and educational qualifications will not form a part of the admission criteria. It will be used only for school data processing.
Admission for the General Category of seats will be based on the following criteria as per policy for which points will be given to ensure a rational and fair result. If there is a tie in the points for the last seats to be allotted there will be Random Selection in the form of a Draw of lots to finalise these seats.
The list of selected and non-selected candidates will be placed on the school’s website showing the points secured.
- STAFF CATEGORY
Children of Staff:
All permanent members of staff have a right to apply for the admission of their children. Grand Children of Staff members who have attained Superannuation in Springdales will be admitted to a maximum of 5% seats under Staff Category.
These candidates must apply through the online registration form but no points are required for this category. If the applications exceed the number of seats allotted there will be a draw of lots. Grandchildren of retired staff will be considered as fee-paying students.
As per the Circular of Directorate of Education Dated: 19-12-2017 Clause 6 of admission criteria.
“The ward of Staff / Employees of any school concerned can have a right for admission to that school but extending the same benefits to the sister concern of that particular school will curtail the right of General Parent’s wards.”
As per the clause quoted above permanent staff members with children / grand children can only apply in the branch of the school where they have served / are serving. The application will be rejected if applied for in any other branch.
Any staff seats un availed at the time of closure of admission will be transferred to General category.
- Children With Special Needs Category (CWSN):
The school has a well-recognised Integrated Special Needs programme for differently – abled children. A Special Needs Centre is in operation. To be eligible for the integrated programme parents must attach authenticated documents related to the disability and a Certificate from a clinical psychologist/Disability certificate from appropriate government authorities that they are ready for inclusive main stream education. There is no point system for this category but a lottery is conducted in the presence of parents provided that all documentation is complete. Maximum of 3% seats reserved in this category.
Upper Age limit for Pre School (Nursery) under this category is 5 years as per the Circular of Directorate of Education Dated: 29/12/15 in the clause (f) & (g).
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION:
1) Girl Child Criteria (3 points):
Gender Parity and equal opportunity for the Girl child is a part of Springdalian ethos. Being co-educational the schools tries to ensure that the student population has an equal balance between the sexes.
2) Residence Criteria (36 points maximum) :
Proximity of residence to the school is beneficial to both the child and the local community. So residence has been included as Criteria for admission. It covers two aspects :-
(a) Those who live in areas which are specified in the registration form will get (36 points).
(b) Those applicants not living in areas mentioned in the form will get (26 points).
3) Sibling Criteria (32 points allocation) :
The school considers this to be a very important factor for admission as it becomes very problematic for parents to have children in different schools. Existing parents also have a bonding with the school which they chose for their first child because of its special features. Even then, it will not be possible to accommodate all.
- There will be no points given in the Sibling Criteria if the older Sibling is in Springdales School, Pusa Road / Springdales School, Kirti Nagar or is cousin of the child seeking admission.
- B) Irrespective of the branch of the first child, NO Inter Unit transfer will be allowed at any stage.
4) Alumni Criteria (24 points maximum)
The schools are three-generational and have a large 60 year-old Alumni Association with 5000 life members deeply attached to their Alma Mater and who have great aspirations for their children’s education at Springdales.
- Former Students who have been in school for 14 yearse. from Nursery – Std. XII and have become members of the Old Springdalians Association at least 3 years prior to this application, will get 24 points.
Kindly attach Character Certificate.
- Former Students who have been in school from Nursery to Std. X and have become members of the Old Springdalians Association at least 3 years prior to this application, will get 14 points
- Students who joined in XI – XII and have become members of the Old Springdalians Association at least 3 years prior to this application, will get 10 points
Attach as proof copy of OSA Membership Card, Character Certificate, School Leaving Certificate.
5) Single Parent Criteria (5 points):
For children with single parent (Mother / Father)
- Decree of Divorce to be attached mentioning legal custody of the child.
- In case of death of Spouse death certificate to be attached.
Admission Procedure & Schedule for all Categories:
Forms will be available ONLINE ONLY from Wednesday, 27th December 2017, 8.30 am onwards on the school website.
Instructions for Parents:
Online Registration Form .
- Fill the complete details in the form online and submit it online.
The admission software will automatically REJECT the form if filled for more than one branch. Apply only for ONE branch (Pusa Road / Kirti Nagar / Dhaula Kuan).
- After filling the form online take a printout of the form on white A4 size papers. Attach photo copiesof all documents required with the printed form. Also paste recent photographs of both parents and the child on the form.
- Submit the Printed Form, complete in all respects to the School office along with the registration fee of Rs. 25/-, as per the schedule given below.
- Kindly ensure that you collect the parents copy of the receipt as acknowledgement for the registration fee paid after submitting the form in Springdales School, Dhaula Kuan.
- Kindly note : The points calculated on the registration form submitted online are subject to verification and may be changed.
- If the hard copy of the form duly filled is not submitted to the respective branch, the online form will be disqualified.
KINDLY NOTE: Forms for Springdales School, Pusa Road, Springdales School, Kirti Nagar and Springdales School, Dhaula Kuan are separate for all branches.
Parents seeking admission in Springdales School, Dhaula Kuan should deposit the forms at Springdales School, Dhaula Kuan.
In case applying for admission of Children with Special Need (CWSN) click on the (CWSN) Link available on the website.
INCOMPLETE FORMS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
Registration fees of Rs.25/- should be deposited at the time of submission of the form.
Dates for Admission Procedure
|Admission process starting||27th December 2017 (Wednesday)|
|Online availability of forms||27th December 2017 (Wednesday)
8:30 a.m. onwards to
17th January 2018 (Wednesday)
till 11:30 a.m.
|Acceptance of Duly filled form||27th December 2017 (Wednesday) to 17th January 2018 (Wednesday)
TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
|Note: Hard Copies of the forms and registration fee of Rs. 25/- in cash will be accepted from 27th December 2017 to 17th January 2018 at the school counter on all working days except Sundays and Gazetted Holidays between 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.|
|Notification of First List of shortlisted candidates
+ Waiting list
|Last date for acceptance of fees from the First List||Date will be announced with the declaration of the first list.|
|Notification of Second List (if any)||28.02.2018 (Wednesday)|
|Last date for acceptance of fees from Second List||Date will be announced with the declaration of the second list.|
|Admission Closes||31.03.2018 (Saturday)|
List of documents to be enclosed with the filled up forms are hereunder:
- Copy of Birth Certificate of the Child
- Proof of Residence (any one)
- Voter ID of any one of the parent
- Electricity Bill/ MTNL telephone bill/ Water Bill
- Passport in the Name of any one of the Parent or child
- Aadhaar Card/ UID card issued in the name of any one of the parent
- Copy of Aadhaar card of the child
- Proof of Sibling
- Copy of fee bill of sibling
- Copy of report card
- Proof of Alumni
- Copy of Character certificate
- OSA Membership Card
- Copy of School Leaving Certificate
- In case of Single Parent
- Decree of Divorce to be attached mentioning legal custody of the child.
- In case of death of Spouse death certificate to be attached
- Staff Category
- Details of Employment
- Branch in which served
- Date of employment
- Years of service
- Children with Special Needs Category
Please enclose authenticated documents. Children with Special Needs will be admitted if they can produce a certificate from a clinical psychologist / disability certificate from appropriate Government authorities that they are ready for inclusive mainstream education.
Please Note : If information is found to be false the school authorities have the right to cancel the admission if given.